Monday, December 29, 2014

A visit to The Palace of Fine Arts.


Let me say this first. One of my goals in 2015 is to get better in responding to comments in a timely manner. I do really love them and I feel bad that it takes me forever to respond. So, I will try to get better.

I went the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. The Palace of Fine Arts was built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific Expo of 1915. It is the only structure from the Expo that remains in its original site. The Palace is on a lagoon. It was rebuilt in 1965 and it is a favorite location for weddings. In fact, a couple was taking wedding pics when I there. I was there at dusk:













The Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco is truly a treasure in the city.

Again, to anybody to stumbles onto this dribble here, thanks for taking a moment and looking. Have a Happy New Year.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots!
    Happy WW and a very happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab photos :-)

    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2015 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful building. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year and it is a beautiful place with so much detail.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your resolution. I'd fail that one for sure. Happy New Year.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/12/ww-i-take-great-selfies.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me? You were actually here! I am soooooooo jealous. These are awesome pics my friend! Totally awesome! Have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you and yours! You've added to my smiles for 2014 that's for sure, and I have to agree with Joyce. I fail miserably sometimes or I'm just always late! :( Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there. I posted a selfie on FB. You also have a great 2015.

      Delete
  6. Striking building and great images!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/12/fading-glory.html, and please have a wonderful year in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in SF for 4 years and I never tired of the palace.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! How lucky you are to see it! Happy New Year from Teresa at NanaHood.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty palace! My favorite capture is the pattern on the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - that looks like a really cool place - I would love to visit there :)

    thanks for sharing - Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Happy New Year and it is a great place to go.

      Delete
  11. That looks like a beautiful place to visit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful place to visit. Happy New Year to You.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.