Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Work of Stuart Davis


I know I have doing a lot on art and stuff like that lately-sorry, it is what I have been doing. I have been going to a lot of museums and stuff and seen a lot of  great stuff. When I was at the de Young Museum in San Francisco they had an exhibit of Stuart Davis. Davis was an early American modernist painter. His work is almost every major museum:




 








 Davis' roots in American optimism is apparent throughout his paintings during his lifetime and I enjoyed his work.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Great paintings. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologize for what you do! I've been doing a lot of art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!

    A few years ago we toured the Norman Rockwell Museum and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can never share too much art in my opinion. I've seen many a fine exhibit at the deYoung (which is amazing to view no matter what is showing. Thanks for sharing with us on #FridayFrivolity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably not my favorite style of art, but there is always something in each painting to appreciate.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the linking up with #TuneInThursday this week. See you next time!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.