Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sausalito Historical Society Museum


The city of Sausalito is a small place of about 7,100 but it has a long and interesting existance. It was a fishing village and then a transit hub as the North Pacific Railroad extended their tracks to the town in the 1870's for ferry access to San Francisco before the Golden Gate Bridge was built. It was a favorite for bootleggers and rum runners during the 1930's. In this age it is a weathy enclave for artists and a tourist destination for folks. I had never visited the small Sausalito Historical Society Museum until a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting:









The museum is small but you learn a lot about the town that is Sausalito. If you ever visit the city. It is a must.

4 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Sausalito, so I'm glad you introduced me to it!
    Visiting from Hearts & Home Bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother was stationed there in the army back in the 60's but I've never visited. Thanks for the bit of history and awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing at The Summer Holiday Link Up :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.