Sunday, October 22, 2023

Keepin It Surreal at the HSAC

 


The Haight Art Gallery has a great exhibit going on called Keepin It Surreal. It is the work of three artists- Dennis Larkins, Isabel Samaras and Dave Kloc. I was able to meet and talk to Isabel Samaras and Dave Kloc

First up is the art of Dennis Larkins:






Next up is the work of Isabel Samaras:






Isabel Samaras posing with her work at the Haight Street Art Center

Finally here is some of Dave Kloc's work:





Dave Kloc with a piece of his work

My favorite piece in the whole exhibition is this concert poster by Dave Kloc. I am a huge fan of the music of John Williams and it was so cool how he incorporated different movies that Williams has scored without copyright infringement:


The Haight Street Art Gallery always has great exhibits and this one was so very cool.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting subjects, but anyone that can do art seems awesome to me no matter what their genre is. Looks like a fun display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend mad for Modest Mouse #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to do. You do the coolest things.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely have to check this one out!

    Have a great week 😺

    ReplyDelete
  5. LQQKS like fun even Herman Munster included heheh! :-)

    Have a displaytastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of unique art here! Thanks for sharing it with us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/10/a-few-photos-from-longwood-gardens.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great as always and thank you for sharing your links with us at #284 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fun they all are! Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a cool and interesting art exhibit. Thank you for sharing this with us at #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great art gallery. I think my favorite is The Meltdown. I love exploring art exhibits and this one looks very interesting, and fun! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Crazy Little Love Birds link party. I hope you will join us again.
    https://crazylittlelovebirds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.