Sunday, January 28, 2024

Music Monday: Songs About History

 For this Monday, here are some songs that inspired by history or historical people:




People don't know that this great George Harrison song is a tribute to John Lennon:


And this one is a tribute to legends Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson:


This classic is dedicated to Andy Kaufman:


Sadly this song is about the 1979 Cleveland Elementary School Shooting is San Diego, when a 16-year-old- female opened fire from her house to the playground:


Not all historical events are happy sad to say. 

5 comments:

  1. Good selections. I especially liked "All Those Years Ago."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the last three songs. I'm Glad I'm not a Kennedy brought back a lot of memories. I've been to the home where Jackie and JFK got married, out on Cape Cod. Yes, a lot of history is not happy but one thing I loved was listening to Nightshift. I love that song so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are excellent and didn't know about the history of the last song...so sad. Love George Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and that last one is indeed very sad. I remember that.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.