Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Visit to the Asian Art Museum, Part I

One of my favorite places to visit is the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco. It is a place that I just love. They have so many treasures there, that I just want to share everything I see there-lol. This will be a multi-part blog. Here is part one with mostly Japanese Art:

Statue of the Bull-Nandi-1400-1500's
Hindu Deity Vishna-950-975 AD
Japanese Bottle w/decoration 1250-1333 AD
Kyogen Theatrical Vest 1803 AD
All of these are about 800's to 1200's AD. From Left to Right: Dhritarashtra- Guardian and King of the East; Seated Buddha; Virudhalia-KIng of the East
The Buddhist Deity Achala Vidyaria 1100's AD
Guardian Dog, 1200-1300's
Haniua in the Form of a Man-300-552 AD
Rectangular Pillow with Figures 1100-1234 AD
Samurai helmet with half-facemask 1600's
More Treasures to come.....

4 comments:

  1. You are SO not taking those pictures with your phone, are you? :)

    Thank for playing Ketchup With Us. Please keep coming back and educating me. I need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I used my camera. They allowed it. Should have the other parts done on Friday and Sunday of this week. I learned a lot also.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. still need to go to this museum! i'm such a bad asian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great. You would love it.

      No you are not.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.