Thursday, January 7, 2021

Good Bye Haight Ashbury T-Shirts

 


This is kind of a sad post as I went up to the Haight in San Francisco and found out that one of my favorite places to shop-Haight Ashbury T-Shirts is closing up shop. The place is an icon in San Francisco and has been around for 43 years. It started off as a bookstore and morphed into a clothing shop on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco and has been there every since. Most of my T-Shirts are from there. It is a treasure trove for tie-dye and t-shirts. 

It has been a family-run place for all 43 years. They say that they are closing due to COVID and subsequent lack of tourism. 







Here are my last purchases from Haight-Asbury T-shirts:



And I had to get these fridge magnets

Good-Bye Friend. You will be truly missed. You were an icon and place that I grew up with. Thanks for enriching my life so every much. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Pics show some great t-shirt selections. Perhaps they can transfer to online sales. Sorry to hear that they are having to close. Thanks for sharing on Traffic Jam Weekend, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Patrick, that just made me and Jeff really sad! We visited that store on our honeymoon and Jeff has a few tee shirts from that shop. It is all so sad that stores like this, family owned for so long, are just completely wiped out because of the lockdowns. Heart breaking.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.