Monday, July 17, 2023

Art of the Tudors

 


The Legion of Honor has a great exhibit going on right on. The exhibit features the development of the arts in England from Henry VIII's seizure of the throne in 1485 to the death of his granddaughter Elizabeth I in 1603:

King Henry VIII-(1540)

Queen Elizabeth I (1578)

Field Amour for George Clifford- The 3rd Duke of Cumberland


A wall hanging of the 1st Earl of Leicester

Phillip II of Spain and Queen Mary I (1556)

Jane Seymour (15360

The earliest surviving portrait of King Henry VIII (1509)

King Henry VIII Cape (1499)

The day I was there, they had a little program celebrating Elizabeth I:





It great seeing and learning about The Tudors and it was also cool seeing the little play. It was well worth the time.

14 comments:

  1. I'm right into tudor and medieval history, I'd enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was fun I only live down the road from Buckingham Palace here in London and the royals haven't invited me for dinner once lol :-)

    Have a Tudortastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool photos! I bet those outfits were SOOOOOO hot!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/a-visit-to-sarah-p-duke-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have enjoyed this very much. You do the coolest things, Patrick.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely interesting - not my personal taste in art but I like seeing it in its historical context and how it worked for the people of the time.
    Have a great week 😺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see portraits of faces to go with the names we have heard about. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is just too awesome! Hmmm Wonder how I would look posing as a Queen? hahahaha Great job here my friend! You go see the coolest stuff! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fascinated by the Tudors and will be seeing a lot of Tudor portraits tomorrow at the National Portrait Gallery in London. Loved seeing your pics. Thanks for linking at Is This Mutton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW so nice to see some art - love it.
    Thank you from your SSPS Team for sharing your links with us at #270 SSPS Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely they had people in the costumes. Wow. Great art (tho def of the style of the time....) Thanks for sharing with #Allseasons - I guess a historical season? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an interesting exhibit and how wonderful to see the program. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tudors, have an interesting and
    a very sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting exhibit and program. As a history buff, even though I love history, it's taken years to learn, and I'm still learning about the ins and outs of the British Monarchy.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.