Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Brigham Young's Winter Home


 , 

During Thanksgiving Week, I went to St .George, Utah and visited Brigham Young's winter home. Brigham Young (the second President of the Church of the Latter Day Saints) purchased the home in 1872 due to fact that his arthritis precluded him spending winters in the Salt Lake City area. He lived in the home from in the winters between 1873 and 1876 as he passed away in August of 1877:














It was really cool seeing Brigham Young's winter home and learning more about the Church of the Latter-Day Saints.

2 comments:

  1. We appreciate you dropping by and linking up at SSPS 290. Love that old wall clock. My parents had one but sadly I do know what happened to it and where it went.
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have love to see this too. Beautiful even now.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.