Thursday, May 23, 2024

Memorial Day 2024

 



It is Memorial Day weekend and to most Americans it the beginning of summer. It is also a time to reflect and thank the servicemen and servicewomen who have died in the defense of this country. I went over to the National Cemetery at the Presidio and walked around:




The Tomb of the Unknown Solider




And I as I was walking around, I looked at some of the headstones:





Across from the cemetery is the Korean War Memorial:


In your busy weekend, please say a prayer for our servicemen and servicewomen who have died in defending this country. 

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Memorial Day post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute post.
    Visiting today from ge.ner.ic Linky 39 #1&2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #39 linkup! Hope to see you next time at #40 with more of your posts to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there many times. What a great place to visit on Memorial Day.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.