Monday, October 7, 2024

Hardly Strickly 2024

 


I went to the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival. It is annual tradition for me. Hardly Stickly is a free Bluegrass Festival that is held in Golden Gate Park. It is the biggest music festival in San Francisco. I usually go on Friday as about 100,000 folks show up (This year it was double because of the warm weather) on the weekend upwards of 500,000 folks show up:

Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway

Sleater-Kinney

Sgt. Spenldor

Glen Hansard

And I saw Viv and Riley and got to meet them afterwards:



Besides music, it is just a fun time:







Hardly Strickly has been around since 2001 when venture capitalist Warren Hellman started the event. Hellman died in 2011 and his foundation has kept the festival alive and free since then:



2 comments:

  1. ... it must have been great to see Molly Tuttle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into Bluegrass but that looks like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.