Monday, September 24, 2012

America's Cup World Series Practice

An Open 5.70 class catamaran

Friday as I headed down to the Book Sale at Fort Mason, I could see all these yachts going across the Bay and decided to take a look. Went down behind all the buildings at Fort Mason and saw all of these catamarans. I guess they were doing practice for the America's Cup World Series races that are happening in two weeks on the San Francisco Bay. I learned that they are using the smaller AC45 class to learn on before going to the AC72 class (which is a lot bigger) for the America's Cup races in 2013. Please tell me if I have misidentified anything as I know jack about sailing other than Dennis Conner and the boats go fast and look cool:

AC 72 class of Ben Ainslie Racing-England
Team China's AC72
Team Luna Rossi (Italy) going by Alcatraz
Two Artemis Racing boats and the English entry
One of the Team Oracle (USA) entries
A Team Luna Rossa chase boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.