Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Art of Daniel Clowes

Daniel Clowes-self portrait
Daniel Clowes is one of my favorite cartoonists. I have loved his work for a long time. I saw his work for the first time in the Lloyd Llewellyn comics (which he penned) at a comic shop when I was a senior in high school. Clowes was nominated for a screenplay Oscar for Ghost World. Also, he lives in Oakland, so he is an East Bay resident. He was in the alternative comic section of the store and I would go that section on my weekly visits to the store and the baseball cards(ok, I am getting into my youth inner geek way to much here, sorry). But here are some pics I took of his original artwork that was on display:

Death Ray
Enid Doll from Ghost World
Wilson by Daniel Clowes-My Favorite
Daniel Clowes Original Art Work
Ghost World
Eightball

As I said I am a big fan of Daniel Clowes and can't wait for him to come out with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.