Sunday, February 5, 2017

Music Monday: Pure 80's

Music Monday: I am going to go pure 80's here. I was talking to someone I went to school with and he remembered my ill fated attempt as a college DJ. When you have a voice made for mime, it doesn't work. I was good at picking songs for the rotation and technical stuff but not the voice thing. When I went back to college, I stayed in the Mass Comm department (too dumb for anything else) but got into the newspaper side and was better at it. One thing though is I still remember the great songs of that era:









Hope you enjoyed this little retro look in music.

4 comments:

  1. Good set! I was already out of college and working in ther Eighties, and I remembered a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, My BIL was a DJ for years. I never heard him on the air but did listen to an old recording. He has a good voice for it. DH was a DJ for at least one summer in high school and may have worked the weekends after school resumed. That's the same year we meet, too. Unfortunately I never got to hear him, either. Where I lived (in the valley of rural southern WV) we couldn't get the station that DH worked at. :( He does have a good voice for it and seemed a natural at it. I graduated college in 1983 but I do remember some of these tunes. We often listened to the radio on our way to work and usually someone had music playing in the office. The Moody Blues "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" is my favorite and perhaps the one I know the best of these. I haven't heard many of these in years, so it was great to revisit the past through your mewsic this morning. Thanks for sharing and for hitting the dance floor with the 4M crew, my friend. Have a tunetastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, your comment "a voice made for mime" cracked me up!! And you can never ever go wrong with 80's tunes - love all your choices, Patrick! Thanks for the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the 80's songs..and Sting looks so young!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.