Thursday, April 27, 2017

Walking Jack London Square


Jack London Square in Oakland is a wonderful place. It is on the bay and part of the Oakland waterfront. It is a very nice place. The sad part was that it was dying as businesses moved, the good news that it making a coming back:

Statue of Cheemah, mother of the spirit-fire








And being Jack London Square, there might be one or two things about the great writer there:



Replica of Jack London's cabin

Jack London

I have always liked Jack London Square in Oakland and I am glad that it is getting a rebirth. To me, it would be a perfect place for the A's new ballpark.

7 comments:

  1. It looks lovely here. I wish I could travel the world and visit here :) Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for a little glimpse into this beautiful place in Oakland! We haven't been to that part of Cali... but if we get down there, I'll know one place I'll want to stop for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Jack London Square a few years ago, and had a wonderful time! We ate at a wonderful restaurant and toured the sailing ships. I would love to visit again and see more. Thanks for sharing!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great place - I've never been but your pictures tell the story - I am glad it is getting a rebirth
    I am so glad you could join the party last week at #TuneInThursday. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get around to commenting on your post, I had a retreat I was speaking at this past weekend, and it put me behind a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a lovely area; glad it's seeing some re-birth.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.