Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Annual trip to Angel Island

The want to be kayak king
Just some pics from my annual trip to Angel Island. For those who don't know, I usually do a kayak trip once a year with a group to Angel Island. There are two sides to Angel Island, there is the side that was considered the "Ellis Island" of the west, it was where all the immigrants coming from Asia were processed and there is the other side that was an Army base. The immigration processing station closed in 1940 and the Army base was closed in 1962. It was turned into a state park in December of 1962:




The Golden Gate Bridge
The Bay Bridge


And you always meet new friends on the island:




But nothing beats sitting there and watching the sun go down in peace:


9 comments:

  1. Such a peaceful and beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...love the little raccoon, thanks for taking me along! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only tried sea kayaking once but I loved it. Looks like Angel Island is a beautiful spot. Thanks for sharing your photos.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features a walk among giants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome place to visit...just beautiful. Since I can't even swim, kayaking is out of the question for me. Learning to swim is on my bucket list, though! Thanks so much for sharing your fotos on FFF! Happy SONday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures of the bridges brought back many memories of a visit there some years ago.
    visiting via the BloggersPitStop linkup

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous set of photos - nothing beats kayaking for getting some unique shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many times I looked out there from the shore . . . thank you for the up close and personal view. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place! I hope you enjoyed your kayaking.

    Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. It would be fab if when joining in with our linky if you could please link up with your 'Homepage'. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.