Wednesday, January 18, 2023

New Wave Posters of the 80's

 

 I went to a book talk at the San Francisco Public Library for a book called "Disturbing the Peace". It is about the rise of 415 Records and the rise of the new wave scene in San Francisco during the late 70's to the mid 80's. What is cool is that I came of age during this time and really got into music during these years. I hung out (as an under-age teen, they really didn't check ID's like now) at some of the places they talk about in the book

What was even cooler was that they had some of the original vintage concert posters. Wow, these brought back memories:





It was so very cool reliving part of my mis-spent youth and I did buy the book and it is a good read.

2 comments:

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.