Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pistahan Festival 2012


Went to the Pistahan Festival over the weekend which is the the largest Filipino celebration over the weekend which is the largest Filipino celebration outside the Philippines. Had a great time. Ate some great food, some great dancers and heard some great music:

The crowd at the Pistahan Festival
People enjoying themselves at one of the many booths
Love the jewelry being sold
Filipino dancers-they were good
The boy band-Legacy doing their thing
MMM-Lunch 
Normally, I do not like being involved in pics but I ran into journalist Jose Vargas. His cover article in  June 25th, 2012 Time magazine "Not Legal, Not Leaving" was one of the best I have ever read. I told him so and he insisted that I take a picture with him. Mr.Vargas is really nice guy and it was great to have a chance to chat with him:

With Jose Vargas (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.