Monday, October 22, 2012

Ramirez Farm-The Last Farm in Fremont

A Sign Thanking Folks
Fremont, Ca has a population of about 217,000 people. About 30 years ago it had a population of about 131,000 and was rural. More people means less open space. More people means taking every 20x20 space and wedging an apartment or house into it. Along Walnut Ave., next to condos and apartments there is Ramirez Farm, a small family farm that looks out of place in suburbia with the farmland and the little shack where they sell what they grow. It is a a piece of America that I am glad that we have not totally lost in the Suburban Jungle:


The Farm
Crops growing
Wheelbarrow of  Squash
Pumpkins
Love the Flowers
And they have a nice little store to buy fresh vegi's that are grown:

The Store
Inside the Store
I hope nobody buys the land Ramirez Farm is on, because it is a place that needed.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful place. I really do wish more people would embrace farming. Thanks for sharing on FTAF Patrick. I always love reading what you have to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hometown!!!!! Fremont wasn't exactly rural 30 years ago, more like 50. When I did live there in the 70's and 80's it was pretty well built out already. But Ramirez Farm is a gem. Thanks for the reminder that places like this still exist.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.