Wednesday, October 10, 2012

They Did Not Fail-The Can't Fail Cafe

The entrance to the Can't Fail Cafe
I know bad title, but I could not resist. This weekend was a busy one around the Bay. San Francisco was crazy with a Niners game, Giants Playoff games, Fleet Week, Castro St. Fair, America's Cup World Series and the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival all going on this weekend. Even though I would have liked to attend a couple of these things, I thought it would be too crazy and stayed out of the City this weekend.

I did go to breakfast at a place called Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Emeryville. It is where the hipsters go with their tattoos and such and even though I am not a hipster, I enjoyed it:

Part of the inside of the Can't Fail Cafe
Love these paintings on the wall
Another view of the inside
Saw this table and thought it was cool since Pixar's Headquaters is right up the street
The best men's bathroom door ever!
The Special Board
The outside seating area
Ok, I know it seems like a lot of the places I go to look empty but I try to go off-hours and avoid the crowds. It was funny, The Can't Fail Cafe was packed when I got there and then boom everybody had finished their food and left.

Now for the food, it is good: they had a full brunch menu when I was there on Sunday and during the week they have full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus:

The Heartache-Corned Beef Hash topped with two poached eggs, hollandaise and chives
Rancho Burger-Burger with homemade BBQ sauce, grilled onions, cheese with seasoned fries
Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe did not fail (bad on my part), it was really good and with a friendly and electric wait staff, I can not wait to head back there again. Hopefully I can head there on a Friday night about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.