Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hyde Street Pier


While walking near Aquatic Park, I visited the Hyde Street Pier. I had never been there, which I found interesting. It is pretty cool with all the old ships and ship parts you can see and visit. It was built for tourists but still cool:

A Steam Engine Donkey-These were on the pier and used for power when loading and unloading ships
Petamluma's Sternwheel
Old Spar's-Spar are any wooden support for rigging of a ship
Block and tackles
Of course there were old ships there:

The paddle tug- Eppleton Hall
The Balclutha
The steam tug Hercules
The Eureka
Hyde Street Pier when combined with Aquatic Park is a nice way to spend an afternoon.

2 comments:

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.