Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Vesuvio Cafe



The Vesuvio Cafe is one of those unique San Francisco places. It is really not a Café but more of a saloon. It is located in North Beach right across the street from the famous City Lights Bookstore. The Vesuvio was first established in 1948 and remains an historical monument to jazz, poetry, art and the good life of the Beat Generation. Vesuvio attracts a diverse clientele: artists, chess players, cab drivers, seamen and business people, European visitors to this day:








Having a beverage and looking at the wall of City Lights Bookstore

The Vesuvio is one of those truly San Francisco places. It was a regular hangout of Jack Kerouac and other famous Beat poets and has become ground zero for pilgrims on the Beat trail ever since and I enjoy every visit I have there.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun place! If I wasn't on the opposite side of the country I might think about going there. Thank you for sharing with my No Rules Weekend Blog Party :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...looks like a neat place to meet a variety of people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting place to visit. Thanks for sharing on Friday Features Linky Party! PS Love the Bob's Big Boy, hundred years ago, I worked for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I have friends who've visited City Lights; I must ask them if they've been to Vesuvio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great place to visit! I love SF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting place. Lots of different thing to see here. Ha, that first quote, that is a good one! Lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and cozy! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great place to hangout and meet new people. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us each week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing there was an edit button, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey guys come see my blog http://jdvburke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patrick,

    Cool spot to visit and photograph! I loved the quote,"Don't let the B@$#@r%$ get you down." That just cracked me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.