Thursday, June 29, 2023

Springfield and The Simpsons

 


The Simpsons have been a staple of American TV for almost 34 years. According to Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons, Springfield, Oregon is the actual home of The Simpsons. Groening is from Portland which is about two hours north of the place. 

The cool things is that there are a lot of murals of the Simpsons around town:







And there are a couple of other reminders:


Yeardley Smith's (The voice of Lisa) hands and feet in the cement

It was really cool to see the murals and learn the history of the Simpsons and Springfield, Oregon.

7 comments:

  1. Love The Simpsons :-) And at first thought, hmmm... 5 fingers - must be God then - he wears heels? LOL - wonderful murals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Simpsons and love the murals, very cute. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool murals, some folks are so talented! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 118. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am probably one of three people in the world who has never seen The Simpsons. However, I am familiar with their faces. These are wonderful murals and I had no idea about their backstory. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 119!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never watched them, but hubby has.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.