Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The History of the A's in Coliseum Murals

 


A sad day for me as the Oakland A's are playing their last game at the Oakland Coliseum today (Thursday 9-26-24). It is sad because I have been a life long A's fan, hell my kids might not exist if the A's and Coliseum were not around as it was where I met their mother.

As they are allegedly moving to Las Vegas (who knows if that deal will get done) but we know that they will play in Sacramento the next couple of years. 

Inside the Coliseum murals painted that tell the 57-season of the A's in Oakland. It covers most of my life and fandom. They have been there for several years. I have visited them many times:














It is a super sad deal the way things went down and that they are moving.  It should have never happened. 


1 comment:

  1. They almost moved almost 50 years ago. The White Sox were almost headed to Seattle to prevent a group there from suing the Amerivcan League over the Pilots moving to Milwaukee. If they had moved, Charlie Finley was going to move the A's to Chicago and take over Comiskey Park. He was in Indiana and wanted to move the team closer to him. As it turned out, the AL expanded into Seattle, the White Sox stayed in Chicago and the A's stayed in Oakland.

    Seriously, that really sucks for you guys. Sacramento's not that far, but they're only going to be there a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.