Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Visit to Cracker Barrel


This is going to violate almost every rule I have. When I was in Charlotte (actually stayed in Concord), there was a Cracker Barrel across the street. I am not from the South and discovered Cracker Barrel about four years ago, when I visited Savannah,Ga and loved it. I know it is a chain (this violates a major rule of mine in this space which is never to highlight chain restaurants,but I who cares) but since there is none on the West Coast (St. George, UT is the closest and I have been to that one) I decided to show it off to my friends in the Pacific Time Zone.

Cracker Barrel is both a store (OK, giant gift shop) and a restaurant. The prices are low and the food is good:

Part of the outside. You can play checkers and you can buy the rocking chairs to take home
Loved this water pump outside
Inside the store part. They sell a lot stuff for tourists 
Old time soda
The ceiling I though it was cool
Loved this fireplace in the joint
Inside the restaurant
They have this peg game at every table. The goal is to jump the pegs with the empty space and only leave one peg. I have never won
I thought this was cool on the walls
Dinner: The Cracker Barrel Sampler: Meat Loaf, Ham, Chicken dumplings, carrots and beans. It was yummy
I wish that we had a Cracker Barrel here on the West Coast. I would be there once a week at least.

6 comments:

  1. Even in my small town, we have a Cracker Barrel. It is a staple here in the south. You can also buy the checkers and the board in the store. All the stuff on the wall is for sale too. You need to try the hashbrown cassarole and the fried okra....they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Once a week? Maybe it is a good thing there is not Cracker Barrel here then. lol. I second the hashbrown casserole, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who cares if it's a chain. looks like a great place. it's like in-n-out. i don't care that it's a chain. i even wanted them at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL-Nice.

      I am a big Cracker Barrel fan. It is a great place.

      Delete
  4. We've got a Cracker Barrel 3 minutes away from our house. My favorite meal there,,,the PANCAKES and that warm syrup! And I LOVE the store...brings back so many childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.