Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Wall of Hope


I went to sandwich shop in the Tenderloin section of San Francisco, if you don't know the Tenderloin section it is a high-crime area with a lot of homeless and open drug use and I am not talking about people smoking weed, I am talking about people shooting up with needles out in the open. A lot mentally ill people wondering about.  Anyway, there is a little sandwich shop I like that is just inside the boundaries of the Tenderloin section, when I walked out I saw this wall and wanted to share it:















Thing was that nobody had defaced it, there was no beer or booze bottles around it, no needles, nobody sleeping on it, it was the one pristine section that somebody took the time to beautify it and people left it alone. It gave me hope that maybe the people who live in the Tenderloin might start to get the help they need.


6 comments:

  1. i especially loved the one on piece/peace. a famous vietnamese place called Tu Lan used to be there. sadly it has closed, but it was an institution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's a wall of hope, and not keeping people out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful wall. More cities should offer places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that no one had defamed it, and that it seemed they respected the beauty of it. It does give one hope that the people who live in the area are indeed wanting hope and may one day be willing to receive or get help. Thank you for linking up this week at #TuneInThursday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Debbie ^^, I am glad no one defamed it. Such a nice positive message in what might be a very dark place, even when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a beautiful corner and really touched me. I lived on Hyde in the TL for about eight years, so that street is very special to me. Thank you for writing about it and sharing this. Megan

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.