Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Thankful for a Park


 I was in Downtown Richmond to get my first Covid vaccine shot. I am so scared of needles and getting shots, that I can't even see a needle on TV or in a magazine. Anyway, I need to get the vaccine so I scheduled to get my first dose last week. I got to the Kaiser Hospital in Richmond early and saw what was going and started to freak out. So, I walked around and found this little park near the hospital. I sat down and did some chanting of the Buddhist chant, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to calm myself down as I was a super mess. The park was peaceful and I calmed myself to a mini-mess and went over and got my first shot. I must give thanks to the nurses at Kaiser. They saw I was a mess and in the waiting area, one started talking to me to divert my attention and another jabbed me. Hey, whatever works.  I need to got back in a couple of weeks and get shot number two and I think I will visit this little park again:












Sometimes you find places that you are not expecting and you need to be so very thankful. 


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting that first shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous park and hope you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on overcoming your fear and getting your first vaccine shot! The park looks lovely. #WeekendCoffeeShare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Patrick, I did not know that you had such a fear of needles. But how great that you are able to calm yourself enough to get it done. This park looks like a great place to meditate and find some calmness. Very cool photos.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.