Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cal Spring Game

The sign outside of Edwards Stadium
What a day. I went out to Cal football's "Blue and Gold" spring football game today. I had a blast. The game was held at Edwards Stadium (which is America's biggest stadium that was built for track, the Cal soccer program plays there now, along with the track team), instead of Memorial Stadium as they are finishing the major renovations that made Cal play at AT&T last year. I had never been to a spring game and enjoy it. Cal did a great job, they had an area for booths and such, former Cal and current NFL players were there, gave away free Pepsi Next and had autographs afterward. I got the two I wanted Heisman Trophy Candidate Keenan Allen and UberFreshman (He enrolled in January) QB Zack Kline. All and all a very nice day. I will let the pics tell the rest of the story:


The Blue on offense (they had the Cal starters)


The Cal band playing outside of Edwards

The Cal cheerleaders in action

Former Cal star and current New Orleans Saint-Cameron Jordan
RB C.J. Anderson
Head Coach Jeff Tedford saying peace
RB Brandon Bigelow
The view from the end zone of the game
The next great one: Freshman QB Zach Kline
Starting QB Zach Maynard talking to the media
The "big uglies" taking a break
The man-WR Keenam Allen
Go Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.