Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A New Place to Eat

Pappy's on Telegraph in Berkeley 
The inside of Pappy's
After the Cal Softball game, we were going to head to Smart Alex's for a little dinner. Instead we decided to try Pappy's Grill and Sports which is next door to Smart Alex's on Telegraph. It replaced one of my favorites Blakes on Telegraph. One of the first things that I noticed was that it was sparse with tables and there was a lot of room to move around and you did not have that cramped feeling as you get in many places. It seems like that a lot of places try to cram as many people as they can in a place.Pappy's does not which is good, I like the room to move around.

A couple of pool tables at Pappy's

Another about Pappy's I liked was that they had a downstairs area that was a game room. Again it was roomy an allowed someone to move around. It had a couple of dartboards,pool tables and other gaming equipment which is nice to enjoy a big win by Cal in any sport.

A blow-up of a 1964 Cal-Navy program



One that I like is the memorabilia on the wall's. I guess I am pretty big in places that have really cool stuff on the walls. That always interests me. I guess it is just the way I am hardwired-lol. But Pappy's has a lot of cool Cal stuff on the walls.



Some of the old Cal Football clippings on display at Pappy's
In having a lot of cool stuff, I guess that is ok but if the food sucks then you will be out of business really fast.  Pappy's has good food. It is basic stuff: Sandwiches, Burgers, Salads and such, but it is good. Sometimes a limited menu does not work, but in this case it does as they can do the simple things well which makes for an enjoyable meal that tastes good and the beer and soda cold.

A Pappy's double cheeseburger

My Yummy Tri-Tip Sandwich
A Bacon-Cheeseburger and Fries
So if you are Telegraph-Pappy's is worth stopping at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.