Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Quick Look at Wine Country

Bottles of  Robert Mondavi wine
Napa Valley is Wine Country and it is about a 90 minute drive from my house. The problem with the Napa Valley and all the wineries is that you can not do it justice in one day. Their are many wineries all with beautiful views and stuff to do it right you need about three days. Recently, I went up there and was there for about five hours, just a quick day trip. Here is a (very) quick look at a little bit of Wine Country:

Some vineyards
Tasting Room at Robert Mondavi Winery
More vineyards

Love this fountain at Napa Cellers
Nice place and peaceful place to enjoy some wine
Menage A Trois-Award winning California white wine
The front of Cosentino Winery
Barrels of wine
Outside Sutter Home Winery
The Victorian Inn at the Sutter Home Winery
Circa 1890, Crusher (top) and Basket Press (bottom)
Now that is a lot of wine
Napa Valley-Wine Country
Napa Valley is great, hopefully I can get up there again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I went to Napa, it was after spending my first 3 months in the SF/Oakland/Berkelely/Alameda. The hills and all the nature was a welcome site after so much time in cities. Looks like you had a good time, thanks for sharing. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day is not enough to explore what Napa Valley has to offer. You’d have to limit yourself to a few wineries, and that will just leave you half-satisfied, at most. It’s a great place to go for long weekends, with a friend or two in tow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so very true. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.