Monday, May 20, 2013

Sculptures By Beniamino Bufano


While at the Robert Mondavi Winery in the Napa Valley, I got to look at the work of Northern California sculptor Beniamino "Benny" Bufano. Bufano (1890-1970), was a California-based sculptor who is best know for his large-scale, granite monuments but the work on display at the Mondavi was his smaller stuff:

Girl with rice bowl  (1920's)-Terra Cotta
China Head (1920's)
Torso (1958)-Gilded Steel
Cat Late (1940's)-Gilded Steel
Bear (1968)-Cast Marble Aggregate
Head of Peace (1960's)-Black Granite
St.Francis (1960's)-Black Granite
Hand of Peace (1951)-Marble and Mosaic
Now that I know his work, I will be on the look out for his public stuff and hopefully be able to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.