Tuesday, May 21, 2013

China's Terracotta Warriors Part II

Roof title from the Imperial City of the First Emperor
As promised, here is Part II. This mostly the other artifacts that the exhibit had. I thought it was really cool thing to see. Most of the artifacts are from the First Emperor (Qin Empire) and are dated 221-206 BC. There are some that were in the exhibit that were older and I will note those:

Bronze Lance Head
Ornaments for horses head (770-476 BC)
Ritual Vessel-Bronze (771-476 BC)

Miniature calvaryman and horse (475-211 BC)
Wine Vessel (475-221 BC)
Hollow brick used to pave the First Emperor's Palace Steps
Bell (770-476 BC)
Being a history geek, it was a real treat to see something up close that I have watched on PBS.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Patrick! These are awesome. To see something up close that existed way back in B.C. is amazing! You never cease to amaze me with your pictures! Thanks for linking up...have a happy and safe holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I get lucky a bunch. It was super cool to see.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.