Monday, March 10, 2014

Music-The Many Faces of Genesis

One of my favorite bands back in the day was Genesis. Genesis started back in the 1960's with students at an English boarding school-Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett. By the mid-1980's-They were down to three-Collins, Banks and Rutherford and each had side projects, Hackett was with GTR and Gabriel was having a solo successful career.

On the week on June 28th, 1986, the Genesis gang had occupied seven slots on the top 100 with song that they were either artists or producers of:

Howard Jones-No One is to Blame-produced by Phil Collins (above)



And the group Genesis:


The two other songs that were in the Top 100 that week (and I don't have the videos on my computer) were Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" and Mike and Mechanics "Taken In"

Hope you enjoy.

13 comments:

  1. I always enjoy Phil Collins music.
    Thanks for sharing these and congrats on being our featured dancer!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you didn't get my message. You were chosen as our Spotlight Dancer, and you're in first place on our linky. CONGRATS! You can also grab our Spotlight Dancer button if you like. The first 3 are new to me, but the last three are definitely choice. Phil Collins work will definitely be loved for years to come I'm sure. Great choices mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Howard Jones one is great, Phil also played drums on it. GTR was one of those super groups.

      Thanks,

      Delete
  3. You cannot mistake Phil Collins voice can you...brilliant set :-)

    Congrats on being Spotlight Dancer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and he played drums at the same time.

      Delete
  4. FIrst of all, congrats on being the SPotlight Dancer this week.
    Genesis is one of my favorite groups from the '80s...Phil Collins solo career later just topped it too. Thanks for this memory lane hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Genesis before but wasn't very familiar of their songs. I think when Phil Collins produced and sang most of Disney's Tarzan OST that, his previous was mentioned. Great collection of songs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil Collins infused humour in many of his videos - which I liked very much - even though I'm not his biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, like Phil Collins. Sorry for being a bit late this week, but spring allergies have been really bothering me.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.