Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Carroll Shelby Heritage Center


Whenever I go to Las Vegas, I am always learning new places to go. On this last trip, I saw a building marked Shelby Heritage Center from the freeway, got off the freeway, turned around and headed there. It was well worth it.

Carroll Shelby was an American automotive designer, racing driver, and entrepreneur. Shelby is best known for his involvement with the AC Cobra and Mustang (later known as Shelby Mustangs) for Ford which he modified during the late-1960 and early-2000. He established Shelby American Inc. in 1962 to manufacture and market performance vehicles. Shelby passed away in 2012 at age of 89 but his legacy lives on in his cars:














Besides the cars there were a couple of other things at the center:

You could take a look inside the garage as they were restoring cars



Carroll Shelby was a true American icon and pioneer. His car designs are legendary. I was so glad to visit his museum.

A cut out of Carroll Shelby

5 comments:

  1. My husband would get excited about these cars, as a female I am only interested in their colours! #alittlebitofeverything@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like classic cars, may be not like some guys but I do like touring a collection. It's especially true of the antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoooooEeeeeeee look at all those Mustangs. I would go completely gaga in that museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Who doesn't love a Mustang! A few years ago we were at the Biltmore while there was a Mustang (some were Shelby, not sure if all were) convention going on. I got a great shot of them leaving at the end of the day.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.