Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Nature's Gift at the Oakland Museum


I went to this exhibit at the Oakland Museum called Nature's Gift. It is a  large-scale inflatable sculpture that  extends 55 feet long, 34 feet deep, 15 feet tall, and is illuminated by bright, multicolored LED lights and features layers of texture and sound. It is supposed to draw the audience into a magical world where the line between imagination and reality are blurred and visitors ware supposed to escape into the work through a rainbow passageway that figuratively transports them into an alternative world in which you can walk around it or thru it:











Nature's Gift was very interesting and reminded me of going to Dead concerts when I was in high school. The Oakland Museum did a wonderful job.

9 comments:

  1. Hmm...interesting. Looks like something my kids would want in their birthday party or something. Haha. To each his own I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you checked it out. I could just hang out there and listen to the music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting experience. Always good to check out the new stuff. Sometimes you're lucky and really like it, but you always learn something about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sculpture. I will have to check that out!
    Thanks as always for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks kind of crazy and interesting. I've never seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun. Very interesting :) Thanks for linking up last week and hope to see you tomorrow #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.