Wednesday, January 8, 2020

St.Clement Church


St.Clement Catholic Church and I have a long history together. The church is a small parish located on a busy street in my city of Hayward, Ca. In high school, I went to youth group there (At least that wasn't two night a week I wasn't running the streets during my misguided teen-age years), I married my ex-wife there and my daughter was baptized there. A lot of personal memories at the place:












It may not be the biggest Catholic Church in the Bay Area but to me it has many precious memories of mine.

7 comments:

  1. The smaller churches can have so much character and the memories really add to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small churches... even more, beautiful stained glass windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty little church and priceless memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Church, it's wonderfully beautiful and so are the memories. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very special place for you and your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a church we went to in the Bay Area many years ago, but that was closer to Stanford. Very nice church!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool post, Patrick! I think the churches of our youth hold a special place in our hearts, for sure. And then to have so many milestone moments there is so special, too. Thanks for sharing this bit of personal history with us. My childhood church was nicknamed “The Blue Church” because it is built entirely from bright blue bricks. It is a tiny little place in rural Pennsylvania. Both of my parents are buried in the tiny cemetery behind it. I haven’t been there in years, but now you have inspired me to write a post about it if I ever get back there to take some photos!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.