Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NFL Hall of Fame Should be's

Well the NFL Hall of Fame announced their preliminary nominees for the Class of 2011. I went down the list and saw a bunch of players that should get in some day. Here they are:

Gary Anderson
Otis Anderson
Jerome Bettis
Cris Carter
Roger Craig
Richard Dent
Ed Debartolo Jr
Dermontti Dawson
Kenny Easley
Marshall Faulk
Ray Guy
Charles Haley
Joe Jacoby
Clay Matthews
Ed Sabol
Steve Sabol
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
Willie Roaf
Deion Sanders
Shannon Sharpe

That is 21 players. It will take several years, but I think that they will get in sooner or later.

Also, here are seven players that have been long since forgotten that need to get in (in my view):

Kermit Alexander CB      1963-1975
Mick Tingelhoff    C         1962-1978
John Brodie         QB      1957-1973
Jim Marshall         DE      1960-1979
Tommy Nobis      LB      1966-1976
Jerry Kramer       G        1958-1968
Otis Taylor          WR     1965-1975
Cliff Branch         WR     1972-1985

I have been following football most of my life. I still remember the 1975 season being the first season that I remember. I remember O.J. running, Anderson passing, the frozen turf of Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game, Dallas' "Hail Mary" vs. Minnesota and Super Bowl X.  Wow, I can believe it has been 35 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.