Wednesday, July 3, 2019

USA World Cup Watch Party and Some Fireworks


There is this event going on in France- It is the FIFA 2019 Women's World Cup. The USA women are in the final which will be played on Sunday. The City of San Francisco is holding outdoor watch parties. I went to the one on last Friday, across the street from the Ferry Building:







And of course it is the Fourth of July, we must remember that 243 years a bunch of people who were called traitors decided to declare their independence from England to start this experiment called the United States of America. It was an experiment that people have a say in the government . Two-hundred and forty three years, it is still an experiment that we still tinkering with. We have our problems but the experiment is still going strong (The Fireworks are from the A's game):







I hope everyone has a good and safe Fourth of July:


6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun way to watch the World Cup games!! I hope you had a great 4th! You're right about the LInc--it's a big improvement over Veteran's Stadium! (answering here from my blog since I don't have your email to reply directly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun way to spend the 4th of July! Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool. I love a patriotic get together with our wonderful community. So much to celebrate and be thankful for #openslather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the fireworks. I've never tried photographing them... not sure mine would turn out as spectacular as yours did. Looks like you had a fun Independence Day.
    My post features a hike at Mount Rainier Natl Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab fireworks photos! I hope you had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great pictures of the fireworks! I tried capturing some last week with no luck. And you're right, we are still trying to figure things out in government. Hopefully, we are learning some good lessons along the way! Thank you for linking up with us for Red, White, Blue and You!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.