Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Return of Hardly Strickly

 


The Hardly Strickly Bluegrass Festival returned after the two-year COVID break and back in Golden Gate. The free festival attracts a ton of people. I usually go on Friday when the crowd was smaller as it attracts about 500,000 for the weekend. The music was amazing:

Sam Bush

Allison Russell

Jake Blunt

Drive By Truckers

But it is the people who make Hardly Strickly an amazing time:










We owe a great thanks to billionaire Warren Hellman who started the festival in 2001. When he passed away in 2011, he left the an endowment to keep the festival free and going:


Hellman's banjo and stage jacket

Hardly Strickly is always a fun time:



5 comments:

  1. Looks like good fun, there's some unique people there by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it must have been a fabulous event -- I'm a huge fan of acoustic music.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fantastic! I've heard of this bluegrass festival. I can imagine the music was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful music legacy Mr. Hellman left behind. Thank you for sharing this festival with us at #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.