Monday, February 13, 2023

Rare Books San Francisco

 


I got to go Rare Books San Francisco. It was a gathering of Antiquarian book dealers from all over the world:






The Babe Ruth Story-signed by Babe Ruth


And there was other cool stuff as well:


A letter signed by Isaac Asimov

This ad was done by Theodor Geisel/Dr.Seuss

These passes are for the funeral of Charles Darwin. The purple ones were given out to the family. Only 33 were made


1948-New Year's Jubilee program from San Quentin State Prison


And the most expensive item there was a signed first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was the first book in the Harry Potter series and J.K. Rowling's first novel. It will set you back a cool $375,000:



I ended up buying this:

Rare Books San Francisco was a really cool event. I enjoyed seeing all the cool things there.


11 comments:

  1. Some really interesting treasures! I'm fascinated by the Ukrainian cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such fun things. I would love to explore this place.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really great old books there. I love to browse through old/rare book stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely event. But you know that at 15 february we have here the Reading Day! Nice coincidence!
    Happy WW, Patrick and a fine week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow The hair pieces caught my eye! Lovely! #TravelTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I collect cookery books and there are a couple there I'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! This is something I'd like to see in person, especially the autographed Babe Ruth book. Great fun, great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your photos of those cool items with us at #weekendcoffeeshare. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some rare finds! I imagine the Jack Kerouac book would be interesting. I bet you paid more than 10¢ for the program, huh? Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 100. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a book lover, I would love to attend that event, even if only to "window shop"

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.