Monday, February 19, 2024

Hanging at Mt. Diablo

 


About two weeks ago, when it weather was clear I headed up to the Mt. Diablo Summit. I didn't hike up there but I drove and took some pics of the view:










What was super cool was that I got see the Mt. Diablo Beacon. The Beacon was originally lit by Charles Lindbergh in 1928 to help with aviation in the early days. It was lit every night until December 8, 1941 (The day after Pearl Harbor).  It wasn't re-lit until December 7, 1964 and is relit every December 7th:


And if you are at Mt. Diablo, you need to head to Rock City to climb and have some fun:






Mt. Diablo is one of the best places to go to in the Bay Area.

16 comments:

  1. ...a great view from the top of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous, I had never heard of it before.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mount Diablo is such a treasure. And I'm quite fond of rock city in particular 😺

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I enjoyed our trip here. The views are awesome too.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and rest of the week, Patrick. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful views I enjoyed the photos
    Have a Diablotastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose a perfect day to capture those amazing views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful views! I love all the green, too. Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #26 linkup. Hope to see you there next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful day and views from Mt Diablo Summit. I enjoyed reading about Mt. Diablo Beacon. Rock City looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it's getting green! Here we are just beginning to see some green. I am so ready for Spring. Thanks for sharing your pictures from your trips. I enjoy seeing them!
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh how beautiful it is! You can get lost easily I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful views! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #26.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.