Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Visit to America's Cup Park


About a month ago, I took the kiddos down to the America's Cup Park on Piers 27 and 29 in San Francisco as they were hosting the Louis Vuitton Cup which decides the challenger for the America's Cup. San Francisco did a great job in constructing the America's Cup Park into a place where non-sailing fans can come and have a good time. I am not a sailing person but I enjoyed myself there. There is a lot to see, drink, eat and you can watch the races in style. I know that the America's Cup is ending but it was pretty cool having it on our day:

An America's Cup buoy on the Bay
People enjoying some food and drink
Some Napa Valley drink
People enjoying the action on the big screen
This is a record that chronicles the 1983 Cup that Australia won. Becoming the first non-USA team to win it
The hull of a ship on display
Team Emirates New Zealand
Another view of Team Emirates New Zealand
Team Luna Rossa 
Got to like the coffee that cheers

4 comments:

  1. oh how fun! i'm embarrassed to say that i've passed by everything and have been watching on TV, but have yet to walk around the pavilion. i will have to walk there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different than the Marina Green. It was pretty cool and I know you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to take my husband to this! On our last cruise, he did an excursion where he got to be a crew member on an America's Cup sailboat and participate in a race. He loved it!
    Looks like fun. :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful trip.
    Must have been really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.