Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Zoofari" Book Reading at Mission Coffee


I haven't been to many book readings lately. I used to love to go them at different places. Recently, I was invited to a reading of a new book called "Zoofari" by Amanda Bybee. The plot of the book is: Jaime Needham can't see anything at night, but she has a grand vision to protect the animals of the SF Zoo from the people of her city. When 16-year-old Jaime, legally blind, gets her hands on the Master Zoo Key to rescue research study members at San Francisco's Zoofari from an ill-fated venture into the Tigers' den, she develops the courage to find her way out, on her own terms. Bybee is a teacher of the visually impaired who has a visual impairment herself.

The reading was very fun and held at a cool place:

The inside of Mission Coffee
Cookies 
I loved the pipes in the ceiling. I know I am strange
Coffee
A huge coffee grinder
Mission Coffee had this cool outside space that we discovered:


Where bad customers go
Amanda Bybee reading from her book
The book-Zoofari

6 comments:

  1. An interesting post with great photographs Patrick,
    The readings and venue sound great fun and with cookies like that...how could anyone resist? ;D
    Waving from a springy Bonnie Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat book concept and a neat looking place for a reading. I'm a fan of the industrial look with those exhaust fan pipes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a great book reading in a great setting.

      Delete
  3. LOL, "where bad customers go"...
    Love the pipes - does this make me strange too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it makes you normal-Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.