Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Couple of New Signed Books

Ok, I guess I now have collection of signed books. I picked up a couple more the last week:


I ordered this book from Barnes & Noble. com and it showed up. I was unaware that it was signed but cool. I am going to start to read it next week. Bob Ryan is one of the best sportswriters of all-time. He writes for Boston Globe and has been around forever. His knowledge of the NBA is super. He has chronicled the league's growth for the last 45 years. Can't wait to start reading it.



I was at Half-Price Books and was looking around and had a 50% off coupon in my pocket. I saw this behind the counter and saw that it was single-signed and used my coupon on it. Started to read it and so far it is good.

I got lucky on both counts. Heading up to Vegas on Friday, I know that there are a couple of cool used bookstores there to pick up some new reads.

4 comments:

  1. A signature increases the value of the book by quite a bit.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that. I just think it is cool.

      Delete
  2. What a fun surprise! Thanks so much for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday this week! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. It was a great surprise.

      Delete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.