Friday, October 30, 2020

Get Out and Vote


 A while ago, I went out to an outdoor exhibit done by the Haight St. Art Center in San Francisco and kind of forgot that I took these pics of the exhibit. It basically was about the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment which gave the right to vote to women in the United States. The art celebrates the achievements of the suffragists and the complex and troubled history of suffrage and voting rights for all people.












I don't care who you vote for in this election. Just make sure that you vote. It might be the single most important thing you do this election. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool artwork, Patrick! And I am sure you probably already know my feelings on politics and that the last time I voted was in 1992. But it was a dear friend of mine who shifted my perspective by reminding me that it wasn't all that long ago that women were not allowed to vote. And so I voted. For the first time in 28 years. But still I do not get the rush that I was led to believe I would get and I am fully convinced that my vote was not nor ever will be counted since NY declared a winner long before mail in votes could have been counted. Oh well, this is the world we live in and I gave it my best shot to matter. But alas, we the (little) people, don't really get to decide much. Thanks for sharing this amazing artwork and powerful message!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.