Monday, June 18, 2012

Having fun in Santa Cruz-the Beach Part

One of the my favorite places in the world is Santa Cruz and the the historic Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It has been around for over a 100 years. Yesterday, I went down there with my kids and had fun on Father's Day. This is just about the beach as the Boardwalk is its own separate world.

There is always activity going on the beach. Yesterday there was a huge beach soccer tournament going on. It was fun watching the teams play and I learned a lot about beach soccer. It looks fun to play.

A little beach soccer going on

Besides the soccer tournament, I just like watching the water and the waves. There is something about water that has always calmed the beast inside me. I have always lived in the Bay Area and being around water is something I grew up with. I like walking down and getting in, but the Pacific Ocean is cold and I guess I am a wuss and just usually get up to my knees wet.
The beach and the Pacific Ocean

A wave crashing into the shore

I do enjoy playing in the sand, I guess it is a throwback to my childhood days. I do not think I have improved too much over the years, but it is something that I truly enjoy.


My attempts at sand castles

I also like walking around and seeing what the water has brought in with it. 


A pile of seaweed brought in by the sea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.