Wednesday, April 26, 2017

CIty Lights Books Alley


I have been to City Lights Books many times. City Lights Books is a true San Francisco landmark. It is the Birthplace of the Beat Movement almost sixty years ago. One thing I had really not paid attention to was the alley behind the store. I wish I had paid attention to it because it was super cool. On the ground are all these great quotes and on wall are these great murals:






And the murals:








City Lights Books is so iconic and the alley behind it is just as cool.

12 comments:

  1. How colourful the murals are. Looks like a special place. #Alttilebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hidden spot! It looks like there are a few pieces of history hidden back there. Very cool!
    ~Jess
    #ALittleBitOfEverything

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great bit of public art! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this type of work. I always wonder if the artists work on smaller canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. Must have been a great experience. #Alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool murals! Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a fascinating place to spend some time looking and reading.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good bookshop and I love the artwork

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those quotes and murals! Thanks for linking up at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place looks like such a beauty. Definitely a place I would love to visit. What a great experience

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.