Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Work of Roy Purcell


I forgot I had these pictures on my phone. When I was at the Lieb Library on the campus of UNLV, I saw a group of paintings on the wall. I found out they were the work of Roy Purcell has lived and worked as an artist in Las Vegas since 1970 and has created a large body of work in various media. He is famous for western themes, desert scenes, but also the symbols and imagery of Native American and world mythology:










Roy Purcell is an amazing artist and I so glad that I got to see his work.

4 comments:

  1. Great works of art! Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look totally beautiful and vintage

    http://www.simpleindianmom.in/5-modern-illness-prone-affect-child-steps-need-take-immediately/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all those details on American Indians

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these. I've always admired Roy Purcell's art, especially his wildlife etchings. There's just so much compassion in his work.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.