Wednesday, June 19, 2019

San Leandro Cherry Festival 2019



The Cherry Festival has been going on in San Leandro for 110 years. It began as the city was known for its cherries and orchards when it was a small farming community. Now, San Leandro is part of the San Francisco Bay Area, they still keep the tradition alive:






Sour Cherry Beer-It was good.





One thing about the San Leandro Cherry Festival is that they always are able to bring in a headliner for music. This year, they brought in Sweet Sensation to come in and play:


The San Leandro Cherry Festival is a tradition in these parts that is only getting stronger each year.

11 comments:

  1. That sure looks like fun! I didn't buy cherries today because they were so expensive but now I wish I had some! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the festival looks like a fun time. I love the cherries, yum! Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun to me and the sour cherry beer...wow, I would love to try that!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry pie is my top dessert so I would have just inhaled it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about festivals in different places! Never knew cherries could draw so much attention!

    Angela
    www.lenorth.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun...and delicious, too! Thanks for sharing!

    Sue

    2019 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and who doesn't love cherries?

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting collection of photos x #sundaysnap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, my kind of festival with so many yummy things to try. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like my kind of festival! Most of the cherries round here are eaten by the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sour Cherry Beer sounds worth a try. I love fresh cherries.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.