Thursday, May 28, 2020

Vallejo Adobe


Vallejo Adobe is located in Fremont, Ca in the Niles section and was built by Jose de Jesus Vallejo in 1842 and was the home to the overseer and workers who tended to the wheat fields and cattle herds that served Mission San Jose in the mid and late 19th century. The building is closed off to the public but you can still look at it and wonder what life was like 180 or so years ago in the area:










And they have this small replica on the grounds:


The Vallejo Adobe is another one of those hidden places that tells the history of the San Francisco Bay Area.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely and I a place I would like to visit. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit here. I didn't even know about it until this post. Thank you.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Patrick. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful place! I would love to visit there in person.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely - I'd enjoy visiting too!
    Stay safe Patrick!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing comments on stuff. Please tell me what you think of the places I have been to. If you like them or not. I love comments.